Thursday, April 24, 2014

'Innocence Lost'



So for her I pined most of my days and late into the night
Unfamiliar with the reality of desire
Yet well versed in futility of life
Long halls cold grey walls
A young boy too quickly become a man less the intimacy of touch.
No, for me she was innocent lost and innocence saved all at once
Possibly the only innocent thing I had ever known
And soon that too would disappear and for that I fear
The only real innocence I would ever know
Yet a distant memory in my mind
Saving me from my own self and the slow death of time
We shared something silent
If only a look
That thing only two would know
Yet even it was denied me
Probably rightly so
Still it was innocence found
Innocence lost
Maybe the only I would ever know
And likely never know again
Once, I almost held it
Just when I thought I had it all
It slipped away into the night
Like shadow on glass there and gone
Fate would intervene
Like the inconsiderate devil he can be.

 
-SPC

No comments:

Post a Comment